Bio for Attorney Jim Dozier
In his 39 years of criminal trial law, Mr. Dozier has defended his clients in hundreds of jury trials with a high rate of success.
Attorney Jim Dozier is admitted to all 9th Circuit Courts in California, Washington, Utah and Nevada.
Attorney Jim Dozier has argued cases before Federal Courts and California Trial and Appellate Courts.
Attorney Jim Dozier has the highest Martindale-Hubbell rating (AV-Rated).
Attorney Jim Dozier has been a Sole Practitioner in the Area of Criminal Defense since 1977.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Felonies and Misdemeanor
- Domestic Violence
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs (DUI, DWI, etc)
- Fish and Game Offences
- Drug Offences
- Sexual Offenses
- Juvenile Delinquencies
- White Collar Crimes
- Traffic Violations
- Property Crimes
- Parole and Probation Violations
- Criminal Record Sealing, Expungements, and Pardons
University of California, Hastings, 1972
J.D. Doctor of Jurisprudence
California State University, Los Angeles, 1969
B.A. Bachelor of Arts
Honors: Cum Laude
Major: Social Science
HONORS AND AWARDS
AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- California Public Defenders Association
- California Appellate Attorneys Association
- Monterey County Bar Association
Monterey County District Attorney’s Office, Deputy, D.A. 1972-1977